The 21st century is a digital age when people do practically everything online, whether it's calling a taxi, ordering takeaways, banking or even looking for 'the one!' Whilst the online world seems to be offering anything you can imagine, buying windows online seems to be a fairly new concept.
It's understandable though: who doesn't like the sense of reliability of having a professional over to get everything done? However, if you order windows online, you'll be getting your hands on loads of benefits you won't be getting if you go down the old-fashion route.
It saves you from the hassle of arranging home visits, making the buying process a lot more time-efficient. Unsure about what's going to happen when you order windows online?
You've come to the right place, because we're going to take you through the online buying process and let you know what you need to pay attention to.
- 1Choose Your Windows
- Same as the old-fashion way, the first thing you have to do before you order windows online is to choose your windows. You need something that can complement your beloved property, especially when you have a heritage or period home.
The last thing you want is to buy windows online and realise that they'll be destroying the characters of your home. You'll also need to consider what materials, colours and glazing you want your new windows to feature.
- 2 Take Your Measurements
- Taking your own measurements is one of the most important steps when you order windows online. Obviously, any window manufacturer will need to know what sizes and dimensions you're looking for before they can turn your dream windows into reality.
Don't know how to measure your windows?
Worry not - we've prepared a step-by-step guide to show you how to do it. We promise it isn't as difficult as it seems!
- 3Start Customising Your Windows!
- Now that you know what style, features and dimensions you're after, it's time to start customising your windows.
Many online window manufacturers and retailers have an online form in place to help keep the process as straightforward as possible.
Here at Klarwindows, we've created a powerful configurator for everyone. It shows you practically everything you can customise in a simple and clear manner, including the dimensions of your window frames, opening directions, hinges, glass types, handles, glazing and so on.
With our easy-to-use configurator, you can create and order windows online without the involvement of any window engineer - even when you're a first-time window buyer!
- Before finalising your order and paying for your new windows, it's absolutely vital to make sure all the details you've entered are correct.
For instance, our online ordering system shows you a summary of your order when you've finished customising your windows and click 'view basket.' There you can double-check the specification of your custom windows.
It's also a good idea to have a look at how much you'll be paying to avoid buying duplicated windows.
- 5Choose Your Payment Method
- The windows of your dreams is just a few clicks away. Now it's time to choose a payment method that best suits your needs.
We recommend PayPal for easy and secure transactions. Don't forget to fill in your contact and delivery information correctly too - you won't want to risk having your order delayed whilst you can receive your favourite custom windows in just 4 to 5 weeks!
So there you go - ordering windows online isn't as daunting as it seems, is it?
All you need to do is to figure out what exactly you're after and feed that information to your window manufacturer's e-commerce site.
If you're able to provide all the details required correctly and place your order using a secure payment method, your new windows should be with you in only a few weeks - it's a lot faster when you've eliminated all the unnecessary phone calls and home visits!
Buy windows online now using our bespoke online ordering system.