Do-It-Yourself has never been easier.
It's a great feeling to be involved as much as possible when building and/or renovating your home. In fact, you can go a long way by measuring windows and doors yourself, because it makes it easier to choose the window type and door if you can do this yourself. For example, do you need to have windows according to standard dimensions or should they be bespoke, made for your house? Either way, we can help as we manufacture all products bespoke to your specifications and deliver directly from the factory home to your home.
Before you get started, have the following ready: paper and pencil, tape measurer and possibly a spirit level if it is an older house.
- 1Always measure from the outside!
- Always measure from the outside and always start with the width first, then continue with the height! Regardless of whether it's windows or doors.
- 2Measure more than one place!
- Measure from brick to brick. Remember to measure several places as the opening may well be slightly skewed. If the results differ, use the smallest measurement.
- 3Find the frame dimensions!
- Subtract 25 mm from the hole dimensions and you will have the frame dimensions you need to order your items. It leaves a gap all the way around of approx. 12.5 mm for sealing.
- 4When you are measuring your windows
- When you measure windows, pay attention to the interior conditions. Wheather you choose wood or alu-clad frames and double or triple glazing might have an effect on the internal finishing. Check out our window selection and read more about different types.
- 5 When you are measuring your doors
- When you measure doors, pay special attention to the interior conditions and consider especially if it ithe door should be with inward or outward opening. Check out our door selection and read more about the component specifications.
- 6 Fitting external cills
- As standard a 18 mm timber cill packer will be selected in the window configurator, so that you can fit your aluminium cill pressing onto that. You can choose not to have the cill packer fitted. Learn more about cills for Scandinavian windows and which other options you have.
By following our measuring guide when ordering Klarwindows windows and doors we:
- ✓ Guarantee that your new windows and doors will be manufactured to your bespoke specifications.
- ✓ Provide professional technical advice and answer all your questions to match your needs with correct products.
- ✓ Make sure that your renovation process will be in accordance with Building Regulation requirements.
If you feel you would like some guidance either on how to measure your windows and doors or choose and order your products through our online system or if you would like to get a free quote, contact us by clicking on the button below or on the right, write directly on [email protected] or call us on 08081 649 920. We are here to help you!